Making every bite count

19 February 2007

Are you kidding me?

I sincerely hope that this guy is kidding. He presents "proof" that eating vegetables is not necessary. He maintains that we can get all the nutrients we need from multivitamins. I'm stunned and amused.
I don't understand how people can get by in life without vegetables. If I don't eat enough veggies, I get cranky! When I eat well, I feel happier and healthier. I have more energy. My skin looks better.
I know I'm climbing up on my soapbox, but nutrition is important. People in this country just don't get it! I'm not perfect, and I eat poorly sometimes: I was hungover and ate a bagel slathered in cream cheese for breakfast and a deli sandwich for lunch last Friday, and I had tortilla chips with guacamole last weekend... I eat way too much sometimes, but it's usually healthful food. I've got at least 10 pounds to lose, and I know that I should be more regimented in my diet and cut carbs. I probably need to learn more portion control. However, I eat a very healthful diet, and you will not find processed or frozen meals in my kitchen.
When I eat more than a bite or two of meat or poultry, I'm ill for more than a day. When I eat something fried, I feel awful. When I eat processed food, I feel weighed down.
Frozen food, processed food and fast food. It's sooo bad for us! That's not to say that I never eat it. I do, but I have to pay for my food "sins" later with poor health. I was in great health in Korea, I lost weight, and I learned how poor the average American's diet truly is.
And we wonder why America is dealing with an obesity epidemic! Think before you eat.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home