Making every bite count

13 August 2007

Hodgepodge part deux

More healthful summer veggie-heavy meals:
Roasted portobello mushrooms: a drizzle of balsamic and olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and cracked black pepper. Bake at 400 for 5-7 minutes on each side.



Zucchini is so fresh and full of water that you don't always need olive oil. I sliced it thinly and sauteed it with basil, oregano, a bit of pepper and a roasted orange pepper that I had made the night before.
I doctored a jar of Trader Joe's No Salt Added Marinara. It was really, really bland, so I added an anchovy to some olive oil along with some garlic. (Don't wrinkle that nose! The anchovy melts into the sauce and adds a rich depth to the sauce.) I also added some red wine that was a few days old. The sauce was finished with some fresh oregano from my pots. Oh, so good!
The finished product!





Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 21 August, 2007 13:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That zucchini thing looks SO GOOD. Zucchini is my new favorite vegetable.

Do you have any idea at all what the calorie content is in any of the food you make???

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home