Making every bite count

30 July 2007

Forgive me again, blogger, for the neglect.

I've been a bit busy. I decided to make a video for "The Next Food Network Star." Fred taped it. It was a lot of fun, but I'm not putting all my cage-free, vegetarian-fed eggs in one basket. It's fun to watch, at least. Like any normal woman, I hate watching myself on camera/seeing myself in pictures. But I think I did a pretty good job. Move over, Rachael Ray! I made Technicolor pasta, which is one of the freshest, most vibrant recipes I've ever created. It's sure to cheer you up and make you feel healthy and full of life.
Technicolor pasta
(This is a variation on the pasta with potential I blogged about earlier in the summer.)
It's a great way to clean out the crisper.
2 leaves Swiss chard, stems and leaves chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 yellow, red or orange pepper, chopped
handful black olives, pitted and chopped
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 package whole-wheat penne
salt and pepper
olive oil
Bring pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package, until al dente. Saute garlic and onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Cook about two minutes, then add the chard stems and yellow pepper and cook another two minutes. Add tomatoes, oregano and swiss chard leaves along with two spoonsful of starchy pasta water. Cover and turn up heat for one minute. Remove from heat, mix in pasta, olives and feta. Season with salt and pepper.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 02 August, 2007 23:12 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stepf!!!! I just watched the video, and I love it!!! Love love LOVE it!!!!!! I could totally see you doing a cooking show!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home