Making every bite count

30 July 2007

party people

Fred participated in the 48-hour film project a couple of weekends ago, and the screening was on Saturday. We hosted a small wrap party with the cast and our friends. I made a few odds and ends, but I didn't take pictures... chunky guacamole with yellow pepper, red onion, quartered cherry tomatoes, a cilantro pesto, and of course, avocado.

I got some beautiful local cherries and blueberries, along with some figs. I stuffed them with rosemary and goat cheese, then roasted them and drizzled local honey over the top. They were good, but I remembered that I'm not a huge fig fan.


I got some great stringless jade beans that I'm going to serve with roasted garlic and pistachio-crusted salmon. A while back, I made pistachio-crusted salmon for Fred, and he loved it. I made too much of the crust/coating, so I froze half of it. I'm so excited!
Pistachio crust
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup pistachios, crushed
1 slice whole-wheat bread, toasted and crumbled
salt and pepper
Mix together and dredge salmon filets in this, pressing firmly. I'll post pics tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home