Making every bite count

24 September 2007

Back from extinction

OK, so I exaggerate. I'm fine. I've just been busy. I'm now a business reporter, which seems to be more mentally taxing on me than copy editing was. I think it's because reporting is something new, and it's something that doesn't come naturally to me. In the mean time, I've been cooking. A few recipes:

Easiest fat-free pasta sauce ever:

Handfuls of basil

few sprigs fresh oregano or two pinches dried

2 green zebra tomatoes (or any tomato, really)

1 clove garlic

salt and pepper to taste

Stick it in the blender or use an immersion blender (my favorite kitchen tool)

30 seconds later, and TA-DA!!! Pasta sauce. Pour over whole wheat pasta. (Regular pasta -- I'm SO over it!)

Chickpeas rock!
Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas, then shake them well to dry. Sprinkle with 1T cumin, a pinch of salt and a few cranks of the pepper mill. Either cook over medium-high heat or roast at 400 degrees until crispy. Drizzle with olive oil if you want. Or not. These are a favorite snack of mine!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home