Making every bite count

03 June 2008

What I did on my break from blogging...

I've been busy...
enjoying the first berries of the season ... and green beans...
and gobbling up fresh asparagus. And we entertained for Mother's Day with an Italian feast: And I've perfected my romesco dip recipe. It's vegan!I went to the ballet. (Love that dress!)

Followed that up with a lovely homemade lemon-ricotta tart with raspberry sauce.
Leftover beer (Mt. Carmel stout) makes a great chocolate cake (vegan!).
And most importantly, I developed an addiction to tamari almonds. Recipes to come...

3 Comments:

At 07 June, 2008 07:42 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw man, you're not going totally vegan, are you??? Every vegan I've ever met has been two things: A) holier than thou and B) smelly.

 
At 08 June, 2008 21:06 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, remember that chicken with the salsa on it that you made at my apartment when you were here in September? What went into that salsa, again? I have a tomato, a tomatillo, onion, various peppers... am I missing anything?

 
At 10 June, 2008 10:00 , Blogger stepfanie said...

Oh, not going vegan :) I like yogurt and cheese.
YOu can throw anything you want in the salsa.
Basic pico de gallo: 3 large tomatoes chopped, 1 white onion chopped, 1 t red wine vinegar, pinch salt, 1 jalepeno chopped (seeds and membrane removed)

To that you can add anything.
We added red pepper, mango, and a tomatillo. Change it up as you like.
Also good: Lemon juice instead of vinegar, pineapple, raspberries, cucumber... the list goes one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home