Making every bite count

24 September 2007








The simplest tomato soup: chop, then use the food mill (left) or a blender to process. If you use a blender, strain the seeds! Simmer, then season to taste. Divine!
(I used golden peach tomatoes)
I went through a phase of tapas-style meals. I'd bought a lot of produce and decided to serve a lot of it at one meal.
I served the soup with some whole-wheat pasta and a parmesan crisp (put small piles of parmesan cheese on baking sheet or in a skillet. Either bake at 350 or fry in a dry skillet until crispy. Like a parmesan cracker.)



Then came a stuffed portobello cap: 1 slice of bread (I use Ezekiel bread), toasted and crumbed (put in food processor or use the trusty stick blender)
1T feta cheese
1 sprig rosemary, leaves only (hold at the bottom and pull leaves off)

salt and pepper to taste
drizzle with olive oil and bake at 400 for about 7 minutes. Serve as entree or slice in four for an appetizer. It was so good that I forgot to take a picture until we were almost done.
The second tapas meal blog will have to wait. I'm restless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home