Making every bite count

05 January 2008

two postings, one day

I like Kelly's post about In Defense of Food. I'm reading the same book, but her blog posting says it all. She also suggested that I set a fitness goal. I've been thinking about that for a while, and I think that was the motivation I needed to set one. I've had another fitness goal for a few weeks: to do an unassisted headstand in yoga. I did one three weeks ago with the help of the teacher against the wall. It was such fun!
My second goal is to run a 5K for the Greater Cincinnati Nutrition Council on March 1.
10 foods I can't live without in 2008
1. pomegranates
2. avocados
3. oatmeal
4. almonds
5. broccoli rabe
6. spinach
7. tofu
8. umeboshi plums
9. organic kefir
10. beans (all of them!)

3 Comments:

At 06 January, 2008 03:37 , Blogger valereee said...

I can't live without oatmeal, either, but it has to be the steel-cut Irish-style oatmeal! I'll eat the other in a pinch, but there's nothing like getting up in the morning to a pot of the good stuff. Nutty, chewy, wonderful all by itself. My son likes it, too.

 
At 06 January, 2008 09:23 , Blogger valereee said...

Stepfanie, I've added your Every Bite Counts blog to my list of Cincinnati Food Blogs.

 
At 06 January, 2008 13:32 , Blogger Kelly said...

Yay! I'm so happy I inspired you! Now watch - you're totally gonna kick my butt in that 5K (I run, but sloooowly). Let me know if you need to use my pass to the office gym or anything.

I am eating oatmeal right now (not Irish, just plain ol' Quaker) with a chopped-up apple and a drizzle of honey stirred in. Yum!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home